As a resident of Gauteng Star Sound Productions and our TEAM have decided to make the following pledge to our fellow Joburger's
We will ……
- Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth - this can save 6 litres of water per minute..
- Take a shorter shower. Shower can use anything between 6 and 45 litres per minute.
- Always use full loads in your washing machine and dishwasher -this cuts out unnecessary washes in between.
- Fix a dripping tap. A dripping tap can waste 15 litres of water a day, or 5,500 litres of water a year.
- Install a water butt to your drainpipe and use the water collected to water your plants, clean your car and wash your windows.
- Water your garden with a watering can rather than a hosepipe. A hosepipe uses 1,000 litres of water an hour. Mulching your plants (with bark chippings, heavy compost or straw) and watering in the early morning and late afternoon will reduce evaporation and also save water.
- Fill a jug with tap water and place this in your fridge. This will mean you do not have to leave the cold tap running for the water to run cold before you fill your glass.
- Invest in water-efficient goods when you need to replace household products. You can now buy water-efficient showerheads, taps, toilets, washing machines, dishwashers and many other water-saving products.
Audio Visual Equipment Hire
we do it all
Call 0861 114443